As you can see on this page, the QuirksMode.org redesign has gone live. It's not quite ready yet; right now I estimate that it's about 95% finished, but the remaining 5% will take a lot of time to implement, and therefore I decided to go live now instead of waiting another few weeks.
I asked Lilian Nijland, a graphic designer I cooperated with on the Concertgebouw and DELA Uitvaartkompas projects, to create the new visual interface, since I myself am not a designer, to put it mildly. I'm very happy with the results, even though Lilian and I will have to go over a few details in the next few weeks.
By the way, Lilian is a freelancer and you can hire her.
The new design is not perfect in Internet Explorer 6 and lower. This is not Lilian's fault, it's mine. Since with Explorer 7 Microsoft has a sufficiently standard compliant browser, I don't see the need to continue supporting older, crappier versions—on this site. Unfortunately, these crappy versions will continue to mess up sites we create for clients.
I'm planning a few follow-up entries about certain aspects of the CSS (including an explanation of why the header doesn't work in IE6 and lower), and about the new sitemap/main navigation combo, but these will have to wait for another time.
If you like this blog, why not donate a little bit of money to help me pay my bills?
Comments are closed.