Somewhere near the end of February I started working on my site again as a sort of therapy to get over my burn-out. I focused on the compatibility tables, which were in desperate need of an update; I hadn't published any major new versions since 2005. Besides, new browser versions are proliferating all over the place and people need to know what these browsers can and can’t do.
Today I can finally unveil my most ambitious update: the Events compatibility tables. All in all I think I spent two weeks’ of work on them; testing all common events not only in common situations, but also in unusual ones. A quick test of basic browser support for W3C and Microsoft events completed this series of tests.
Creating the test pages was a major chore that swallowed more and more time as they progressed; I’m still not sure if what I did was smart or too smart. Anyway, they’re done now and will remain mostly unchanged for at least a year.
Unfortunately the testing of the load and unload events didn’t really fit the test format I devised; therefore information on these events is still lacking. (They generally work fine, though.)
Now only the Events properties table remains to be done, but first I’m going to take a well-deserved break from event testing.
I’ll be around at the following conferences:
Comments are closed.