Again a question about foldout menus. These menus fold out when the user mouses over a main link that contains a submenu. This is a sacred tradition, and therefore mandatory: users who know these menus expect them to work onmouseover, and will get confused when they don't.
The question for today is: when should the submenus fold in? You can pick more than one answer.
- When the user mouses over another link that contains a submenu.
- When the user mouses over another link that does not contain a submenu.
- When the mouse leaves the submenu.
- When the user hasn't done anything for a certain amount of time (5 seconds?).
- When the user clicks on a link (assuming this doesn't load a new page).
- Other sugestions...?
Please don't comment at all if you don't like foldout menus. Such comments will be removed.
This is the blog of Peter-Paul Koch, mobile platform strategist, consultant, and trainer.
You can also follow
him on Twitter.
Your donation to maintain this site will be gratefully received.
I’ll be around at the following conferences:
(Data from Lanyrd)
Comments are closed.