A short one; not much going on these days. (Or I’m just missing the good stuff.)
- You’ve probably already heard, but Safari 11.1’s feature list looks good. Progressive web apps are now supported (evidence), but Max Firtman warns we’re not home safe yet. iOS PWA support is still sub-optimal in several respects.
- Combining CSS Grids and CSS columns. Nice!
It should be noted, though, that box-decoration-break: clone works on columns only in Firefox.
- Simple trick to identify possibly dead code. Identify possibly dead code by CSS selector, add a unique background image to that selector, wait three months, see if there were any hits on that background image. If not, code is dead.
- Paul Kinlan makes a list of
challenges for web developers. It contains many well-known (platform quirks and compat problems) and less-well-known problems (developers don’t test on the hardware that their users run on and thus it feels “good enough”).
- Have a tip for the next Linkbait? Or a comment on this one? Let me know (or here or here).